Monday, June 3, 2013

Well, I think I better start this blog off with an apology. I am sorry it has been so long since the last blog. The only excuse I have is after a very long and cold winter and a cold spring, the sun finally came out the past couple of weeks. With the sun finally out, I have not spent much time indoors at all. No TV,  no computer, no Ipad nothing except being outside enjoying all the outdoors has to offer here in Alaska.

Future Alaskan Fishing Guide
Look what I reeled in.
Letting her go after dad said no to the frying pan.
I am guiding for Rick McMahan at Denali Fly Fishing Guides http://www.denaliflyfishing.com and fishing is getting better by the day as the high water from the late spring is starting to slowly recede. If you are looking for a unique fly fishing experience and want to catch beautiful Arctic Grayling, this is the place to fish. Rick runs a great outfit and I have never met a better group of guides to work with and as a bonus, they all are great at finding grayling to catch.

Since it has been warm out, when I am not guiding, I am fishing with the best fishing partner in the world. I love getting out with Jaydyn and watching the excitement on her face when a grayling tugs on the other end of her fly line. She loves to unhook the fish for me and release them in the water. Often times they even get a big wet Jaydyn kiss before she lets them go in the creek.

Slippery little suckers!
I got it dad, I don't need help!
I told you I didn't need help dad.
Jeni is a trooper and feeling pregnant but, not much longer and JT will be here with us fishing for those grayling and taking lessons from his big sister on how to give them a kiss goodbye.

I will try and blog a bit more starting from this point forward I promise. I hope everyone is enjoying their summer wherever you are. Remember get outside and have some fun.

til next time,

Justin





 

No comments:

Post a Comment