Last weekend we brought Jaydyn to the Anchorage Zoo to reward her for brushing her teeth twice a day and sleeping in her own bed for a full month. Yahoo! I figured I better bring the camera to see what I could capture while we were there. I have to say that it is a fairly difficult place to capture good photos. Distracting elements are everywhere in a zoo. Between the cages and the unnatural habitat found in a zoo it was very difficult to capture anything I was happy with. Jaydyn was having fun though and that was what this trip was all about. The ice on the walking paths were fun for Jaydyn to slide on and a nightmare for Jeni to deal with while she is packing JT in her belly for a couple more months.
I have to say even though the photography was difficult I was very impressed at how well the animals were taken care of and the facilities were in great shape. They have some very cool critters at the Anchorage Zoo, we saw Bengal Tigers, Snow Leopard, Grizzlies, Polar Bears, birds of prey, Otters, every type of fox in Alaska, Wolves, even a Camel.
Enjoy!
 |
| Young Musk Ox (Jaydyn was not impressed by the fuzzy cow) |
 |
| Hamming it up for the camera! |
 |
| Jaydyn and a Squirrel having a conversation. |
 |
| Ducks are back, winter is not over but, the ducks are back. Did I mention winter is not over yet! |
 |
| AHHHHHHH! |
 |
| Star of the Zoo. |
 |
| Chillin |
 |
| All lovable until that bottle went empty, then he attacks the handlers leg, bites and claws letting everyone know he wants more. I can see where this will be problematic as he becomes a bit larger, 2000 pounds larger! |
No comments:
Post a Comment