
Finally, the road into Denali National Park is opened up to Savage River! This means quick morning and afternoon road trips into the park before and after Jeni goes to work. Spring in Denali is really quite fascinating to witness. First off, bears. You never know when you will see your first grizzly of the year and when you finally see the first one of the season, you can't help but get chills all over. Then there are the noisy and confident ptarmigan trying to find their mate; they carry on during the mornings and will wake you from a dead sleep. There are always porcupines waddling near the road and climbing trees, not having a care in the world. Coyotes, fox, and wolves are very active this time of year also. Last, but certainly not least, moose will be having their calves sometime in May and June. They are so ugly, they are cute.
The other night I drove up for my first trip into the park. I had the music rocking in the truck with my camera in the passenger seat riding shot gun and needless to say I was excited to get out and shoot some photos. I really try to keep an opened mind of what I am going to shoot when I go out on these types of outings. It was fairly cold out at -16 F and the sun was shining bright. We all can see the light at the end of the tunnel for winter coming to an end and the long summer nights are just around the corner, hallelujah!
Until next time, take the time to play outdoors,
Justin
![]() |
| Nation Peak |
![]() |
| They are just as happy as I am that winter is drawing to a conclusion. |
![]() |
| Wolf (Canis lupus) |
![]() |
| Denali National Park |





No comments:
Post a Comment