3 J's and 2 dogs hopped in the truck for an afternoon of solving all the world problems, listening to great music, planning more of our future, and shooting photos of the frozen Alaskan landscape. I decided to try my hand at some black and whites again. It seems to really lend itself well to this landscape during this time of year. The only color out there today was a little bit of blue sky in between the snow squalls and a slight bit of golden kisses on the mountaintops when the sun was able to break through the clouds. It was kind of crazy to shoot one minute in broken clouds and sun, to the next minute of monster snowflakes and visibility reduced to less than a hundred yards.
We saw a good amount of wildlife today, none that were close enough or stuck around long enough to capture a photo, but still fun to see. We watched a coyote as he galloped down the road avoiding the deep snow on the sides. When I slowed down to try and grab a quick gotcha shot, he bolted off into the incredibly deep snow. Not long after that, Jeni spotted a cow moose that had twin calves following close behind her. They wanted nothing to do with us either as we slowed down, which was good since they were a little too close to the highway for my comfort. Broad Pass had plenty of caribou meandering around on the tundra that has been exposed in some areas from winds the past few days.
I'm sure tomorrow there will be more world problems to solve, more great music, more family planning, and surely the shot that eluded me today will be waiting somewhere out there for me. We still have many more months of a frozen landscape up here to deal with so, I will try not to daydream too much about the photos that I would like to take this spring.
I hope all of you are enjoying your winter so far. If the cabin fever is starting to get to you, do what the 3 J's do, hop in the truck and go solve all the world problems!
 |
| Home is over there somewhere? |
 |
| Ahhh! The Sun! |
 |
| Honolulu Creek. I'm sure there is water in there somewhere ;) |
 |
| The snow is heavy and plenty of it! |
 |
| Still Snowing! |
 |
| And Snowing! |
No comments:
Post a Comment