Cantwell finally got some snow! Jaydyn and I have been out enjoying it everyday, either cross country skiing or snowmachining near the house here. We have seen quite a few caribou, a few moose, and plenty of ptarmigan. Jeni went with us the other day on the snowmachine and while riding, she looked over and spotted the tip of a nice caribou antler sticking out of the snow. I have been looking for sheds all winter long and the first time out she spots the tip of one, beginners luck!
The sun is slowly starting to stay out a little longer. I think it is still a little early to be getting spring fever since I need to get out on the snow machine a little bit more. However, with the days starting to get longer I am getting very excited to get out and start shooting some more. The mountain popped out a few weeks ago while riding south of town near Petersville and as always was gorgeous! The sky has been beautiful with the recent weather patterns making for some good photo ops which has been nice.
I am starting to get my back yard wildlife studio set up after watching a bit of online training from the world famous Moose Peterson. The man is able to get some amazing wild bird photos with the help of some strategically placed bird feeders. The problem is that the birds cost more to feed than the Golden Retrievers that live in my house. It is crazy, I have three bird feeders set up and each one of them will hold a #10 coffee can full of feed, and it barely lasts 2 days. It has been a lot of fun for me to watch the birds and figure out their habits. After you watch them for a few days you quickly learn what branches they like to perch on, what scares them, and how often they come throughout the day. If you can afford it, put out a feeder it is great fun!
 |
| Jaydyn holding the antler that Jeni found. Lucky! |
 |
| Jaydyn and a few of her Healy pals at the b-ball tournament. |
 |
| Jaydyn and Wendy are all smiles after winning some yummy cupcakes during the cake walk. |
 |
| South side of Denali. |
 |
| Sun Shinning on the Nenana Canyon just South of Healy. |
 |
| Red Pole in the backyard wildlife studio. |
 |
| Showing off the backside. |
Until next time,
Justin
No comments:
Post a Comment