 |
| Love the skies! |
I love the deep snow that can be found around Cantwell! It was a slow start this year on accumulating what I would call good snow but, at last it is here. Better late than never and up here in Alaska we still have plenty of time to enjoy the white fluffy stuff.
 |
| AH! It's Back! |
Yesterday I grabbed my camera, rifle, and pack with a bit of gear in it and went for a ride with no real destination in mind, just wanted to enjoy the snow and the scenery. This time of year in Alaska it is a really good time to shoot photos. Not because there is loads of color out there but, the sun is staying out a little bit longer and it is still at a very low angle producing wonderful warm light with good shadows. I got a little caught up looking at some caribou and a really large moose that was still sporting his horns and wanted to get a bit closer to get some photos. I was quickly reminded that deep snow in tall willows can create an amazing workout that Jillian Michaels from the Biggest Loser would be proud of! So, after getting unstuck a couple of times in the willows and once on the ice since I couldn't get any traction I decided that I was ignoring the beautiful sunlight on the landscape and needed to shoot some photos. I figure I will head back to the same area later in the week with snowshoes and some X-country skis to get within range of the critters.
 |
| Dream Land |
I hope to get a winter camp set up somewhere this week with Jaydyn and maybe this weekend get the family out to do a little winter camping. I really would like to try some light painting techniques that I have been studying on a winter camp to see what I can come up with. I will be sure to share them if they work out.
I have been adding some new photos to my website so, be sure to go and check it out! I have been getting really good feedback from folks that have purchased prints from the website. Everyone seems to like the metallic paper print wraps and the canvas wrapped prints. Jeni and I have done some large prints also that have turned out amazing!
 |
| Denali |
Until next time
Justin
No comments:
Post a Comment