Wednesday, November 21, 2012




Archery is the art, practice, or skill of propelling arrows with the use of a bow, from Latin arcs. The definition of archery as provided by my Mac Book dictionary. My definition of archery is much different. Archery is a hobby that will help create lasting memories, lead to empty wallets, cause sleepless nights of dreams about bull elk, and bring families together in the outdoors for years. My definition could go on and on and lead to long stories of success and failure while hunting, shooting 3-D competitions, and practicing in the back yard. In short I love archery.



I was very excited yesterday to find out that the Alaska Fish and Game were coming to the Cantwell School to introduce the kids and staff of the school to the Archery in Schools program. I was excited for numerous reasons. First, I was able to shoot some photos indoors in a warm environment. Second, I am excited to see an amazing hobby of mine get some attention that can help carry on traditions and gather support for a sport that I love. Next, archery has brought incredibly great people into my life and has created lasting friendships that I cherish. Finally, when I was younger, archery created a platform for numerous adults to teach me some very important life lessons and has helped shape the adult that I am today. All of these things are exciting to see in a school environment.



It was interesting to watch the kids and their excitement. They were engaged, interested, excited, inquisitive, competitive, and having fun. The smiles on their faces were contagious to everyone. I heard a few them actually saying that they want a bow for christmas. Hopefully, Santa was listening to them. 



If you ever get a chance to, please take the time to thank those from the Fish and Game that volunteer to promote shooting sports around the country. 

Wow! This is after one afternoon of shooting!
Until next time 
Justin


No comments:

Post a Comment