Monday, March 11, 2013

Friends and Family!

Frozen Fish!

As I drove home from a fun filled weekend in Fairbanks with friends and family I started pondering how blessed I am to have friends and family that are spread all over this great nation of ours and how lucky we all are to be alive this day and age. I know things are not perfect right now with our government and our economy but, they never are. However, on any given minute, hour, or day I can pick up a phone, turn on a computer, drive the truck, or even hop on a plane and talk to or see those that bring happiness and joy to my life. It really is a wonderful time to be around even though I take it all for granted very often.

This weekend was a great example of what I am talking about. It all started last Wednesday when Jeni picked up the computer and saw that the Nanooks (University of Alaska Fairbanks) were going to be playing hockey against Michigan State in a best of three series to keep their perspective seasons alive. Well, we missed this matchup earlier in the season and we really wanted to go watch Grampa Mason's Alma Mater play are favorite hockey team the Nanooks. So, Friday afternoon we hopped in the truck and headed North. We emailed Steve and Bacon in Michigan to let them know we were headed to the matchup. Bacon told me to be sure and introduce myself and Jaydyn to the equipment manager of Michigan State. So, after the second game we did and Jaydyn got a sweet Michigan State puck. How cool is that to be in Alaska, have friends in Michigan, and be able to meet one of their friends here in Alaska! Jaydyn loves collecting hockey pucks from all the matches we go to, so this was pretty special for her. Thanks Ron!

We stayed with our wonderful friends in Fairbanks, Carla and Sue, who were wonderful hosts and great companions for the weekend. Jaydyn was very excited that Carla went to to the World Ice Carving Championship competition with us. This competition is really amazing to witness, it is a winter wonderland that is created by some of the most talented carvers in the world! Great fun for the kids and adults alike with all of the interactive carvings that are presented. I think that Carla's heart has recovered by now after riding the sled down the ice slide with Jaydyn!

While we were doing all this in the far North we were able to talk to family in Montana and get updates on wrestling, gymnastics, swimming, weather, teenage love, and a myriad of other things going on in the lower 48. It is amazing to me how we can all stay connected and informed about those that we care most about. We even got word that a good friend that we have not seen in years just made it to Alaska by hopping in his vehicle and driving from Montana. Can't wait to get together with Warren and catch up. 

Now, I know we all don't talk everyday, every month, or even every year but, I want you all to know that when I see your names on email lists, Facebook lists, phone lists or whatever else jogs my memory I am thinking about you and your families. I hope that this finds all of you in good health and good spirits having fun with all of your friends and family that you can connect with.

Justin

Yep, nightmares are made of this!




Banana putting the moves on a Carrot!







Fun!!!!!!!!!

Hellllllllllooooo!


Concentration!!!



Big smile for being so scared!

 



Nook!


Not completely true, but close enough! More like 44 years ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment