Monday, November 5, 2012

I thought that I would share some photos with all of you today that were taken during the trip back up to Alaska from Montana with my dad. We traveled up from Montana out to Bellevue, Washington hopped on the Alaska Marine Highways and then finally drove the Northern section of the Alcan Highway.









 The Ferry is a great and cheap way to see Southeast Alaska. It stops in numerous different communities and villages on the way North. You can spend time in each community on the way and see the different cultures as you go. The food isn't to bad on the ferry. You meet all sorts of different people with great stories and reasons for heading to Alaska. The scenery is amazing the entire way from Washington to Alaska. It does rain a lot in Southeast so bring a rain a coat and some warm clothes. Every time I have a done a multi day trip on the ferry I have seen the sun so have faith when it is raining out. Bring your binoculars because their is a lot of marine biology to see along the way from Puffins to Humpback whales.


In Canada and Northern Alaska the history, scenery, and wildlife are all amazing. Plan to take your time and enjoy all of it. I can't wait to get an opportunity to do it again. I hope you enjoy a few of the photos that I took along the way.  


Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment