Friday, October 12, 2012

It was a brisk beautiful morning yesterday here in Cantwell, Alaska. As I looked out the window and saw the frost laying on all the tundra plants there was a warm glow highlighting all of it. So, as quick as I could I ran outside with the camera to look at the sky and see what was creating all the color on the ground. As I walked up the the road the sun was creating a bright flame with the clouds while it came over the Talkeetna mountains. A wonderful way to start out the morning. 

Jaydyn and I later in the day walked down to the school to visit the kids at lunch time. However, we got a little distracted on the way down to the school breaking the ice on mud puddles, taking photos of the dogs, and looking for spruce hens along the roads. 










The light in Alaska during the fall, winter, and early spring is great for shooting photography since it always low on the horizon when it shows itself in between winter storms. It can be a little cold shooting photos up here in the winter for shooting photos but, with a little prep and a lot of warm clothes it can be rewarding. 

With all of your optics in the winter if you put wrap them in a towel before you come inside with them it will prevent the warm air of the indoors from condensing  on the cold surface of the optics or camera. If you have them inside of a case just leave them in the case for a few hours until it warms slowly. 

When  I get back from the trip to MT the snow will have flown here and more than likely started to accumulate on the ground. Which will be good so that I can get the snow machine  out which makes travel around Alaska much easier. I will be sure to get out and shoot as many photos of the area as I can so, that you all can see the area I call home here in Alaska. 

Good luck to all of you that are going hunting next week in Montana and be safe.

Until next time 









Justin 

No comments:

Post a Comment