Sunday, March 25, 2012

sunset of Denali



As the sun was setting, I was thinking about how lucky my family was to have this view of Mount McKinley from our kitchen window.  No matter long, hard, or frustrating the work day was, blogging from my kitchen table with a beautiful backdrop put my day in perspective.   I will provide you with a little insight of my weekend.  I spent the entire weekend working on frozen lines in a school to ensure that kids can have running water come Monday.  I understand the importance and need of my day job.  So regardless of the amount of hours spent at work, at the end of the day, I know that I can come home to a loving family and the knowledge that the great outdoors await for me.  My wife once gave me a wall hanging that said 'I work to live and live to hunt.'  Sometimes I need these signs of reminders of what life if all about.  The sun setting over Denali is another sign.  As I head to bed, I hope that you day tomorrow is filled with life and you get the most out of you day.

No comments:

Post a Comment